Release Date: August 14, 2012
Studio: Big Idea
Run Time: 50 minutes
About The Penniless Princess
In this Veggie-version of the children’s book A Little Princess, by Frances Hodgson Burnett, Larry the Cucumber stars as Captain Crew and helps to teach an important lesson about knowing your own true worth to his young daughter, Sarah, even if only through his spirit.
Sweet Sarah has everything a little girl could want. But when life takes a turn and she goes from riches to rags, will she realize that her true worth lies not in what she has, but what she has in her heart?
Find out in this inspiring new story from VeggieTales® that reminds kids it’s who they are inside that really counts. This inspiring tale is sure to warm the hearts of children everywhere!
Our Thoughts on The Penniless Princess
This was such a great movie to watch with my girls. Coco noticed all the references to God, and big sister Lulu explained that we should always be thinking of God when we’re doing something. Lulu also had a good time “translating” the French phrases they heard in the movie.
Coco liked that it was about “God because He is the most special person because He is the one who made us. He didn’t make one person; He made lots of people so we could have friends.”
Lulu liked it “when she didn’t have food and they gave her food, and she thought God gave it to her.”
I liked it because it was wholesome, family-oriented, and bible-based.
Where to Buy The Penniless Princess
How to Win your Own DVD of The Penniless Princess
The Prize: One lucky Arms of a Sister reader will win their very own copy of this DVD. The giveaway ends August 5, 2012.
The Rules: Ages 18 and older. US residents only.
Here’s how you can enter:
Optional (once per entrant):
1. Like this post on facebook. Leave a comment.
2. Follow Arms of a Sister on twitter. Leave a comment with your twitter name.
3. Like Arms of a Sister on facebook. Leave a comment.
4. Share this giveaway on facebook. Leave a comment with the link to your “share”.
6. Like VeggieTales on facebook. Leave a comment.
7. Like VeggieTales on twitter. Leave a comment with your twitter name.
Optional (once per day per entrant):
1. Tweet about this giveaway on twitter using hashtag #PennilessPrincess.
2. What’s one of your favorite Family Movie Night movies? Leave a comment with your response.
Disclosure: We received a copy of the DVD to facilitate the review. The opinions expressed above are our own.